Grad : CGW for Students & Families
Looking for a list of College Goal Washington event dates and locations? Look no further.
Do you need money for college? The first step is to file your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA). You can do this at a College Goal Washington event. College Goal Washington is a free, on-site program that helps students and families complete their financial aid applications. There are over 100 events scheduled statewide throughout October and November.
What's the FAFSA?
FAFSA stands for Federal Application for Federal Student Aid. It is the standard form students must complete to apply for federal and state need-based assistance/aid programs and, in some circumstances, campus-based assistance/aid.
Am I eligible to file the FAFSA?
The U.S. Department of Education Office of Federal Student Aid sets the requirements for federal financial aid eligibility. For the most up-to-date and accurate list of eligibility criteria, visit the federal student aid site at studentaid.ed.gov/eligibility/basic-criteria.
I'm not eligible to file the FAFSA. What do I do?
If you are not eligible to file the FAFSA due to immigration status, you may be able to file the WASFA. You can get help filing the WASFA at a College Goal Washington event.
What should I bring to file the FAFSA or the WASFA?
There are several things you need to bring.
- Your Social Security card or Alien registration card (if you are a permanent resident). (FAFSA only)
- Your driver's license.
- Your prior year's tax return.
- Your income information. This includes bank statements and a W-2 or pay stub.
- Your parent, if you are 24 or younger.
- Your parents' financial information. Parents should bring a copy of their previous year's tax return.
- One parent's social security number. If neither of your parents have one, you may still file the FAFSA.
- Additional financial information -- such as child support statements, TANF or welfare information, real estate, stocks or bonds investments, family business or farm info.