Money is available to help you go to college. Financial aid can be either need-based or merit-based. Need-based aid is awarded to students who cannot pay for college without assistance. Merit-based aid is awarded to students based on academic, athletic, or other achievements.
Take a look at some of the grant, scholarship, and loan programs in Washington State. These programs are referred to as "Opportunity Pathways."
Washington State Opportunity Pathways
- College Bound Scholarship
- Washington College Grant (formerly State Need Grant)
- WASFA (State financial aid application for undocumented individuals)
- State Work Study
- Passport to Careers
- American Indian Endowed Scholarship
- Teacher Programs
- Opportunity Grants - (administered by SBCTC)
- Opportunity Scholarship Program
Washington Conditional Loan Programs