American Indian Endowed Scholarship
The American Indian Endowed Scholarship helps financially needy students with close social and cultural ties to an in-state American Indian community pursue undergraduate and graduate studies.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
- Meet Washington State residency requirements for financial aid.
- Intend to enroll full-time as an undergraduate or graduate student at a public or private college or university in Washington State.
- Not pursue a degree in theology.
- Intend to use your education to benefit the American Indian community in-state.
- Not yet have received a total of five years of this scholarship.
How do I Apply?
- Read the application instruction sheet.
- Complete and sign the application form.
- Print and mail it to the Washington Student Achievement Council with the required attachments.
Due Date: Postmarked February 1, 2020 or earlier
To apply for the 2020-21 scholarships, send all application materials to WSAC, postmarked no later than February 1, 2020. Students who are currently enrolled must include a transcript for the fall term of 2019 in their application. Find a complete list of required application materials in this info sheet. WSAC will not accept applications postmarked after February 1, 2020
What is the scholarship amount?
Scholarship awards range from about $500 to $2,000. Approximately 15 students are selected each year to receive the awards. These students are eligible to receive their college scholarships for up to five years. Renewal scholarships are not automatic and require submission of the application each year.
Contact the Washington Student Achievement Council.
Email: American Indian Endowed Scholarship program