As part of the College Bound sign-up process, students pledge to:
- Graduate from a Washington State high school with a cumulative 2.0 GPA or higher.
- Have no felony convictions.
- Apply for financial aid by completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid) beginning their senior year.
To receive the scholarship, students must fulfill the pledge and:
Apply for the FAFSA or WASFA every year while in college, and be income eligible. Colleges use information from the FAFSA and WASFA to determine income eligibility.
- Be accepted to an eligible college and begin attending within one year of high school graduation.
- Meet program state residency requirements.
Resources are available to support students in fulfilling the pledge
Join the College Bound listserv. College Bound manages a listserv for high school students and their families. The messages are short and informative, and reading these emails is the best way to stay on-track to receive the scholarship.