Supporting your students
We have free brochures and posters, including the NEW middle school informational flyer. Order materials.
Below, you’ll find resources for middle school—such as the middle school toolbox and online application—and high school.
Middle School Resources & Materials
- College Bound Scholarship FAQ for Counselors
- Middle school flyer (Arabic, Cambodian, Chinese, Korean, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Tagalog, Ukrainian, Vietnamese)
- Middle school portal and toolbox process handout
- Completion rate calculator
- WCAN Middle School Sign-up Strategy Timeline
- Letter to Families template (Spanish)
- Counselor Signature Form
- Middle school students and families (Presentation) (Presentation with notes)
High School Resources & Materials
- Financial Aid Night template (Presentation) (Presentation with notes)
- High school staff Presentation
- WCAN College Knowledge materials
- Repledge Campaign: Support your 9th graders by having them recommit to the pledge. Join Washington's College Bound Scholarship Repledge Campaign, managed by the Washington College Access Network (WCAN). When you sign up with WCAN, you can request FREE printed copies of the repledge workbook. WCAN will deliver the workbooks to your school.
- Repledge certificate
- 12th Year Campaign: Washington's 12th Year Campaign supports high school seniors with college and financial aid applications.
- College Readiness: Get resources to share with students and families about minimum college admission standards, graduation requirements, dual credit, and smarter balanced assessments.
- Resources/Updates for working with undocumented students.
- FAQ for seniors
- Accessing your Scholarship (Handout) (Spanish)
- High school information flyer (2018-19) (2019-20) (Spanish)
Signing Up Your Students & College Bound Portal Access for Middle School Counselors
- Request access to WSAC’s secure portal or use the online application.
- Login to the MS Toolbox Home Screen, then select "Programs," "College Bound," "MS Toolbox." Follow the instructions to import students.
- Print the Missing Information Letter (MIL) and form.
How to Print Missing Information Letters (tutorial) - This video covers the basics for printing Missing Information Letters for all of your students.
- Send the letter and a College Bound brochure home with students.
- Students need their parent or guardian to complete and sign the form. Students must also sign the form.
- Check the appropriate income box.
- Return the completed form to you.
- Send the completed forms to WSAC, PO Box 43430, Olympia, WA 98504.
- Portal Overview Tutorial
- This video is an overview of all features in the MS Toolbox.
- Monitor the number of your students who have applied and their application status (complete or incomplete).
- Print MILs for students whose applications lack signatures or income verification.
- Edit student information such as incorrect name, SSID, address, etc.
Understanding the Charts (tutorial) - This video covers the bar charts, how numbers are calculated, how to update student information and how to print individual student Missing Information Letters.
College Bound Portal for High School Counselors
- View College Bound Students
- See FAFSA Completion for College Bound Students
College Bound Listserv
Join the College Bound listserv. College Bound manages a listserv for high school students and their families. The messages are short and informative, and reading these emails is the best way to stay on track to receive the scholarship.